Rio Grande Wraps
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch or BBQ-style beans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups cooked, shredded pork roast
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 red or green jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sour cream (optional topping)
- Grated cheese (optional topping)
- Salsa (optional topping)
- In small saucepan, combine beans and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and
simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mash beans coarsely with back of fork; stir in pork, rice and chiles, if desired.
- To assemble wraps, savory, lay tortillas on work surface. Spoon 3/4 cup pork mixture
down center of each tortilla.
- Top each with 1/4 cup lettuce.
- Fold in sides to wrap.
Yield: 4 servings (1 wrap per serving)