Roasted Garlic Pitas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped, grilled portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped, drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 large white pita breads
- 1/4 cup mashed, fresh roasted garlic or 4 tablespoons garlic spread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes; set aside.
- Cut a 4-inch opening along edge of each pita. Spread inside of pitas with roasted garlic.
- Fill pitas evenly with mozzarella mixture; press gently to form an even thickness.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Grill in skillet over medium-low heat until bread is golden and filling is hot, about 4 minutes on each side.
SAVORY WRAPS RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.