Toasted Chicken Salad Wraps
- 1/3 cup unsalted, hulled sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer Original Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning blend, divided
- 1 cup fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Fresh alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- In large nonstick skillet, toast sunflower seeds over medium-high heat, stirring
frequently. Remove from heat and stir in wheat germ; transfer to plate to cool.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon of
the Creole seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or
until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cool.
- When cool enough to handle, shred or coarsely chop chicken.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining Creole seasoning; mix well. Add
chicken, cabbage, onions, peppers and wheat germ mixture; mix well.
- Spoon chicken salad down center of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Fold sides
of tortilla to center, overlapping edges; fold bottom of tortilla under, completely
enclosing filling. Spoon alfalfa sprouts into opening at top of wrap.
- Serve immediately or wrap well and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information: 1/6 of recipe: Calories 450, Calories From Fat 120,
Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1560mg, Carbohydrates
55g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 29g (27% calories from fat)