Pull Apart Taco Bread
- 1 1/2 loaves frozen bread dough
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained well
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Thaw bread at room temperature on cookie sheets for 2 hours, or in a large covered
bowl overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grease well an angel food cake pan with solid shortening.
- Place melted butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, stir together
taco seasoning mix and Parmesan cheese.
- Pull off chunks of dough the size of walnuts and roll between your palms into
smooth balls. Roll in butter, then in Parmesan mixture.
- Place an even layer in the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Dot with one-third of the chiles and some of the Cheddar cheese.
- Continue coating balls of dough and piling loosely in pan, interspersed with
remaining chiles and Cheddar cheese.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk,
about 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes, until puffed and brown.
- Remove from oven and run a long, thin knife between the bread and the sides of
- Invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm.