Bacon and Cheddar Beer Batter Bread
- 4 slices lean bacon, baked crisply and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese chopped into very small cubes
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 can beer
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix the flour, sugar, bacon and cheddar in a non-reactive bowl Add the can of beer - stir with wooden spoon. Spoon into the loaf pan.
- Place top rack at upper part of the middle section in oven. Bake the bread on the rack for approximately 50 minutes - testing with cake tester or wooden pick until after insertion it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven - let cool in the pan on a rack for at least 10 minutes, then remove from pan and continue to let cool.