Buttermilk Cheese Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in cheese. Make a well in center
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.