- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- Jam of your choice
- Devonshire Cream: In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners'
sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in enough cream to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Scones: Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add apricots, pecans and orange peel.
- With a fork, rapidly stir in 1 cup whipping cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface;
knead 5 or 6 times. Divide in half; shape each into a ball. Flatten each ball
into a 6-inch circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. Place 1 inch apart
on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining whipping cream.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick comes
- Serve with Devonshire Cream and jam.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.