Cherry Cream Scones
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover cherries with boiling water, plump for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry
on paper towels.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl, mixing well with a fork.
- Add the dried cherries and lemon zest.
- Stir in cream until dough starts to mass in the center of bowl.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly
a few times. Push cherries beneath the surface of the dough. Place on an ungreased
cookie sheet. Pat into a 10-inch circle.
- Brush with butter.
- Score into 12 wedges, and bake for 12 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.