Pecan Scones are buttery scones enriched with pecans and sour cream.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely ground pecans
- 1/2 pound butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add sugar and pecans.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Combine sour cream and milk, add to dry mixture, and stir just until mixed.
- On well-floured board, divide dough into 6 balls, flatten each to 5/8-inch thickness, and cut into wedges or circles.
- Bake on ungreased sheet until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 24 to 28 scones
Source: November/December 1989 issue of Domain Magazine