- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Additional cream and sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into mixture with pastry
blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add cream and raspberries to dry ingredients.
Mix lightly with fork until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured board just to incorporate all flour; try not to damage berries.
- Roll into 7-inch round and cut into 6 or 8 wedges. Place 1 inch apart on greased
baking sheet; brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.