Ice Box Potato Rolls
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Scald milk and add shortening, sugar, salt
and mashed potatoes. When cooled to lukewarm, add the dissolved yeast. Mix thoroughly
and add just enough flour to make a thin batter.
- Cover and set in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Add eggs and stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough (dough will leave sides
of bowl when stirred). Turn out on a slightly floured board and knead thoroughly
until smooth and pliable. Place in a greased bowl. Cover with a cloth and place
in the refrigerator.
- When ready to make rolls, pinch off dough, shape, place on greased baking sheet
and let rise until doubled in bulk (from 1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes about 60 rolls.
Dough may be placed in greased muffin tins. Grease rolls on top and
allow to rise. In baking, just as they begin to brown, brush with butter.
Dough will keep about 1 week in refrigerator.
>> YEAST ROLL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.