Raspberry Sticky Rolls
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Juice from can of red raspberries
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can red raspberries, drained
- Topping: In a small saucepan mix together sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add reserved raspberry juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Set aside to cool and pour into greased 10 x 15-inch pan.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rolls: On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread butter or margarine over entire surface and sprinkle with brown sugar and raspberries. Beginning on 15-inch side, roll up tightly, jellyroll style. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal well. Stretch roll to make even. Cut into 15 equal size pieces. Place 3 across and 5 down over raspberry topping, keeping rolls slightly apart. Let rise until double, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert pan on heatproof serving platter. Let pan remain a minute or two so raspberry topping can drizzle over rolls.
Yield: 15 servings