Creme de Menthe Cheesecake
Crème de menthe is a sweet, mint-flavored liqueur that adds an exquisite flavor to this dessert.
Quick Tip: Top with whipped cream and garnish with chopped chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (2/3 stick)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup C&H® granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Press
firmly on bottom and sides of 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Chill.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl at medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream, crème de menthe and extract.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cake from oven. Cool.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: C&H Sugar Company, Inc. - chsugar.com