Almond Butter Cream Icing
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond paste,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, eggs, almond paste and salt in medium size saucepan.
Beat with electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in cream and vanilla extract
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 6 minutes until
mixture just starts simmering.
- Strain into large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours
or until chilled.
- Beat in butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
Yield: 6 cups
Icing can be made up to 1 week in advance, covered in airtight container and
stored in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature until good spreading consistency.