Bluegrass White Bourbon Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine sugar, water and salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring
until it reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in bourbon and flavoring.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar. Beat at medium speed, slowly pouring
hot syrup over the whites.
- Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.