Crushed Pineapple Fruitcake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup red glace cherries
- 1 cup mixed peel
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Cream butter, and then beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in extract.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in raisins, cherries, pineapple and mixed peel. Allow mixture to sit
overnight in a covered bowl.
- Line an angel food pan with parchment paper, and brush with melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours with a pan of hot water placed on
the lowest rack of oven during baking.
- Brush warm cake with some melted butter.
Yield: 1 tube cake