Carrot Cake Mini Loaves
These spicy, chockful-of-carrot loaves are perfect for gift giving!
- 1 3/4 cups C&H Pure Cane granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, shredded*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
* A one-pound package of carrots will usually yield 3 cups shredded.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour six 5 3/4 x 3 x 2-inch mini loaf pans.
- Combine sugar, eggs and oil; mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend into batter. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pans, filling each loaf pan just under half-full.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until the center of the loaf springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, release the cake from the sides of the pan with a butter knife. Flip the loaf upside down onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap completely.
- You may want to tie your loaves with ribbon to give them the finishing touch.
Yield: 6 mini loaves
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar, Inc.