Apple Cider Pound Cake
This is a large cake which can be divided into 3 loaf pans for gift giving.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and spices; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with cider to creamed mixture, beginning
and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Caramel Glaze: Bring ingredients to rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring
- Pour over slightly warm cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides of cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.