Aztec Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Beat butter and orange rind at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy;
gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately
with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just
until blended after each addition.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5- x 3-inch
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on
There will be too much batter for the loaf pan, so put the extra into ramekins
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.