Blackberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ReaLemon reconstituted lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift or stir together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda.
- Blend together jam, ReaLemon and sour cream.
- Add flour mixture until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Top with Lemon Glaze.
- Lemon Glaze: Blend sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.