Butter Rich Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or regular butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter or regular butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cake: Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- Beat into sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk until well blended.
- Stir in the lemon peel and the lemon juice.
- Spread into prepared tube pan.
- Bake until a wooden wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about
1 hour and 20 minutes of baking time.
- Invert onto a wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool the cake completely.
- Spread the glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side of cake.
- Glaze: Heat butter in 2 quart saucepan until melted.
- Stir in lemon peel and confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Yield: 14 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.