Black Forest Cherry Roll
1 (1 pound 2.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
2 cups dark Bing cherries,
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Kirschwasser
3 cups whipping cream,
1 cup shaved chocolate
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with parchment
paper; grease lightly.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly. Remove from pan. Roll loosely lengthwise in clean towel.
- Meanwhile, combine cherries, sugar and Kirschwasser in small bowl; soak for 1
- Drain cherries.
- Unroll cake. Brush Kirschwasser mixture over cake.
- Spread cake with layer of whipped cream. Top with cherries.
- Carefully roll up towel.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
Yield: 12 servings
>> Cake Roll Recipes