1/2 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons water
1 pound almonds, blanched and grated
1 pound confectioners'
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of 2 lemons
8 egg whites
- Blend butter into flour and sugar. Add egg yolks and water, and mix well. Chill
- Roll out dough and line a greased 9-inch springform pan. Reserve a small
quantity of dough for strips for the top.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat almonds, sugar, salt and lemon juice in a double boiler, stirring until
well blended. Cool.
- Add the stiffly beaten egg whites. Put the mixture on the dough.
Place strips of crust over the top. Bake for one hour.
- Dust with confectioners'
sugar and decorate with candied cherries.
>> Torte Recipes