Chewy Milk Duds Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter-flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package Milk Duds
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1 1/2 cups of the sugar
and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape 4 teaspoons of dough around each Milk Dud so it is completely covered.
Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Yield: about 8 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.