14 Carat Pecan-Cashew Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan or cashew pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Microwave instructions: In a greased 2-quart glass measure, cook sugar,
corn syrup and salt on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes until boiling. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in nuts, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Immediately stir in baking soda until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour onto small greased cookie sheet and spread.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Makes 1 pound.