Mashed Potato Candy
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bar melted German sweet chocolate
- Mix butter with warm mashed potatoes and sugar. Mixture will get stiffer and
stiffer, but mix well.
- Add coconut, vanilla extract and salt. Blend well.
into buttered pan that lets the candy be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour melted chocolate
over the top. Spread evenly.
- Cut into small squares.
Yields 3 dozen.
You can also make small balls of the potato mixture and then dip into the melted