- 2 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 12 large marshmallows, cut into halves
- Combine chocolate chips, walnuts, butter, salt and flavorings in a bowl.
- Combine the sugar, evaporated milk and marshmallows in a saucepan. Bring
to a rolling boil; reduce heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with
a wooden spoon.
- Pour over the chocolate chip mixture and mix well.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square dish. Let stand until set.
Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
Source: The Flavors of Mackinac Cookbook