- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In saucepan, combine buttermilk, sugar, baking soda and salt. Bring to a boil
and simmer slowly until mixture forms a hard ball when dropped into cold water.
Do not stir more than necessary during this cooking period.
- Remove from heat; add pecans and vanilla extract. Beat until dull.
- Drop by tablespoons
- Let stand at least 30 minutes to cream and harden.
Humidity will cause pralines to become sugary.