Apple Pie Filling
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel and slice enough apples to fill 7 (1-quart) jars.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add water, then cook until
thick. Add lemon juice. Pour cooked mixture over the apples in the jars. Seal and process in hot water bath for
- To make pie: Add 1/2 cup sugar, if desired, to 1 quart of apple pie filling.
Place in unbaked pie shell, cover with top crust, then bake as usual.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.