Bandera Restaurant Cornbread
This is a clone recipe.
1 cup butter, melted*
1 cup granulated sugar*
1 (15 ounce) can
1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or a 12-inch
cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Blend in creamed corn, chiles, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add
flour mixture to corn mixture; stir just until smooth. Pour batter into prepared
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a wooden pick inserted into center of
the pan comes out clean. If using the skillet - watch carefully as edges may brown
too much and time should be under an hour.
- If desired, serve with butter and honey.