Bandera Restaurant Cornbread
This is a clone recipe.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed-style corn
- 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or a 12-inch
cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Blend in creamed corn, chiles, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add
flour mixture to corn mixture; stir just until smooth. Pour batter into prepared
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a wooden pick inserted into center of
the pan comes out clean. If using the skillet - watch carefully as edges may brown
too much and time should be under an hour.
- If desired, serve with butter and honey.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.