Don Ho's Island Grill Pork Chile Verde
- 1 (2 pound) pork butt, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced green chile
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream and cilantro (garnish)
- Brown pork in oil.
- Add onion, garlic, red peppers and green chile. Sauté for
5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add oregano, water and salt to taste. Simmer until pork is tender - about 20
to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro sprig.
Source: Chef Jimmy, Don Ho's Island Grill, Hawaii