El Charro Cafe Mexican Pesto Cheese Crisp
- 1 (10-12 inch) flour tortilla
- 6 ounces total white Mexican, Monterey jack
and Cheddar cheese mix
- 3 ounces store-bought pizza sauce
- 3 ounces store-bought
- Chopped cilantro and parsley
- Toasted pine
- Crumbled Cotija cheese for garnish
- Homemade or store-bought salsa (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and pierce all over with a fork.
- Bake until very
lightly browned, about one minute on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese mix on top and return
to oven until melted, about one minute or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and spread
pizza sauce and pesto on top.
- Return to oven until just heated, about one minute.
- Sprinkle cilantro, parsley, pine nuts and Cotija cheese
- Serve immediately, with
salsa if desired.
Source: Carlotta Flores, El Charro Cafe, Tucson, Arizona