Knott's Berry Farm Fried Chicken
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) frying chicken, cut in eighths (Note:
We use all breasts with bones)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 quart oil (or enough
to cover the chicken)
- Cover chicken with salted water and soak for 45 minutes. (Very important)
- Drain chicken and pat dry.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour and shake off
any excess flour.
- Bring oil to a boil in an 8 1/2-quart saucepan, electric skillet
or iron skillet and drop in chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd chicken in the pot.
Cover and fry for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/27/01 4:09:32 pm.
Source: Posted by Martie Wednesday, 22 November 2000, at 7:44 p.m - from Knott's
Berry Farm Cookbook