Miss Hulling's Potato Pancakes
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- Peel potatoes; grate or run through fine food chopper.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat shortening in a skillet (about 1/4-inch deep). Spoon pancake batter into
hot shortening. Sauté until brown on one side; turn and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towel or cloth and serve piping hot with applesauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Helpful Hint: Amount of flour will vary with the water content of the potatoes.
Source: Miss Hulling's Restaurant - St. Louis, Missouri
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.