Pearl Oyster Bar Lobster Rolls
- 4 (1 pound) lobsters* or 1 pound lobster meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 top-loading hot dog buns
- Garnish: chopped chives
* The Pearl Oyster Bar uses the less expensive culls or lobsters missing one or
- Immerse lobsters in rapidly boiling water. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until
- Plunge lobsters in ice water for 10 minutes to stop cooking, and cool thoroughly;
- Separate tail and claws from the body; discard body. Crack shells, and remove
meat, discarding shells and cartilage. Chop meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine lobster, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Press open buns,
and place in skillet, turning to coat both sides. Cook buns until golden brown on
- Fill bun with lobster filling, and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired.
- Serve with shoestring French fries and baby lettuce, if desired.
To save on cooking time, have your seafood market steam and chop your lobster
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7/24/02 1:36:01 pm.
Source: Coastal Living Magazine
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.