Perini Ranch Steakhouse Jessica's
Favorite Green Chile Hominy
- 1 cup chopped onion, sautéed
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white hominy (drain and reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup hominy liquid
- 1 tablespoon juice from pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped (reserve drippings)
- 1 cup fresh seeded and chopped poblano or Anaheim peppers
- 1 or 2 pickled jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Sauté the onions in a little of the bacon drippings and put aside.
- Heat the hominy in a separate sauté pan, stirring often. When heated thoroughly, add the hominy
liquid and jalapeno juice, bring back to high temperature and add 3/4 of the cheese.
When the cheese melts, add half the peppers and bacon and all the onion.
- Pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bacon and peppers.
(At this point it can be refrigerated or even frozen, if you want to make it in
- Bake at 325 degrees F until cheese on top melts, about 15 minutes (or
40 minutes, if refrigerated).
Serves 10 to 12.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 218 calories, 10 grams fat, 23 grams carbohydrates,
9 grams protein, 24 milligrams cholesterol, 500 milligrams sodium, 42 percent of
calories from fat
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.