Shakey's Mojo Potatoes
- 6 large Idaho baking potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut each potato into 6 (1/4-inch) rounds.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together the flour, cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip each potato wedge into the milk and then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Deep fry wedges without overcrowding for about 1 1/2 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.