TGI Friday's Vegetable Grill
- Red bell peppers - washed and dried, cut into large squares
- Zucchini - washed and dried, cut into large round slices, about 3 inches thick
- Summer squash - washed and dried, cut into large round slices, about 4 inches thick
- Roma tomato - washed and dried, core removed and discarded, cut in V wedges
- 6 to 8 medium-size Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Portobello Mushroom: Remove stem from mushroom and discard. Rinse mushroom with
cold water. Add your favorite vinaigrette dressing - just enough to fill the bottom
of the mushroom cap; marinate for one hour.
- Place mushroom on grill, cap side up. Grill until tender.
- Use bamboo or wood skewers - soak in water for 30 minutes before use so skewers
do not burn on the grill or splinter.
- Assemble skewers in color array such as - red pepper, zucchini, Roma tomato,
squash. When assembling, place vegetable flat on cutting board and insert skewer
through skin side and out through skin side for a flat long skewer of fresh vegetables.
Grill until vegetables are just tender and slightly crunchy.
- Pasta: Cook your favorite thin long pasta, such as spaghetti, in salted boiling
water and place in dish.
- Tomato Salsa: Wash, core and dice tomatoes to 1/4-inch pieces; save juices and
place in small bowl.
- Wash, dry and cut basil leaves into thin strips.
- Combine all ingredients and hold for 2 hours before use.
- Place pasta in center of bowl. Top with fresh Tomato Salsa. Place portabella
on cutting board and cut into strips on a bias and place on top of Tomato Salsa
and pasta. Arrange vegetables skewers around plate.
Source: TGI Friday's Chef Bob Davis
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.