Tortilla Chicken Chili
The addition of tortilla chips gives this Tortilla Chicken Chili a traditional cornmeal flavor that is almost like eating a chicken enchilada. It's not only easy to make but it's ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 package McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Original
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 to 16 ounce) can kidney, white or pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips (bite-size pieces)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro (optional)
If a thinner chili consistency is desired, stir in an additional 1/2 cup water.
- Heat lightly oiled large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans, corn, water and tortilla chips. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Yield: 6 (1-cup) servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 16 min
nutritional information: per serving Calories: 240 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates:
30 g Cholesterol: 34 mg Sodium: 800 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 21 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick