Cherry and Pecan Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- Scones or crackers as accompaniments
- In a small heavy saucepan simmer cherries in water until liquid is reduced
to about 1 tablespoon.
- Remove pan from heat and cool mixture.
- In a bowl whisk together cream cheese, pecans, lime juice, thyme, zest,
cherry mixture, and salt and pepper to taste until spread is combined well.
- Spread may be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, covered.
- Serve spread with scones or crackers.
Source: Gourmet Magazine, May 1994