Overnight Eggnog Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with shortening.
- In small bowl, mix all Streusel Topping ingredients with fork until crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup granulated sugar
and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Beat in 1 cup eggnog, the sour cream, rum extract and eggs until blended.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover pan; bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix all Eggnog Glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over coffee cake.
- For serving, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 275 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars ncg); Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices
Recipe and photo used with permission from: