Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
This velvety Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake is flavored with sour cream, dark rum and butterscotch morsels. A drizzle of butterscotch glaze is the crowning touch.
- 1 2/3 cups (11 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Morsels, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Remaining Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Cake: Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum, butter and melted morsels in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bale for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely; transfer to serving platter. Pour Glaze over cake; sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Glaze: MICROWAVE remaining morsels and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com.