Chocolate Christmas Cherries
- 58 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoon MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 36 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 1 1/2 packages (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Mix crumbs, sugar and walnuts; set aside.
- Add boiling water to coffee granules in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Add butter and corn syrup; stir until well blended.
- Add to crumb mixture; mix well.
- Shape about 1 rounded teaspoonful of the crumb mixture around each cherry, leaving stem of cherry uncoated.
- Place in shallow pan; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Dip cherries, one at a time, in chocolate, holding cherries by the stems and turning until completely coated.
- Place on wire rack set over sheet of wax paper to collect drippings.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen cherries or 18 servings, 2 cherries each
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 190 Total fat 10g Saturated fat 3.5g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 65mg Carbohydrate 26g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 19g Protein 2g
Vitamin A 0%DV Vitamin C 0%DV Calcium 0%DV Iron 6%DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company