Butter Pecan Turtle Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: combine flour sugar and butter; mix well. Pat firmly into a 9 x 13-inch
pan; sprinkle pecans on top.
- Caramel: In a heavy saucepan over medium heat cook butter and sugar, stir constantly; boil for 1/2 - 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until layer is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Allow to
melt 2 - 3 minutes; swirl for marble effect.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Yield: 3 - 4 dozen