Candy Bar Biscotti
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease
- Combine first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mix in reserved dry ingredients.
- Stir in mini chips and toffee bits.
- Spoon dough into 2 log-shaped pieces on prepared baking sheet. Using oiled hands,
shape into strips that are 11 1/2 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Space them on baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Set oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Remove parchment paper and place strips on cutting surface. Using serrated knife,
cut ends of each strip on a diagonal to create an even edge.
- Continue to cut each strip diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices back
onto baking sheet cut sides up.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 more minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Yield: 32 biscotti