Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended.
- Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture.
Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form two (12 x 2-inch) logs on a cookie sheet that
has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool
water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until logs are light brown.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment
covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.