Cranberry Swirl Biscotti
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a food processor, combine the cranberries, preserves and cinnamon. Cover and
process until smooth: set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt: gradually add to creamed mixture and
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12-
x 8-inch rectangle.
- Spread each with berry filling: roll up jellyroll style, starting with a short
- Place seam side down four inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using two large metal spatulas, carefully transfer logs to a cutting board; cool
for 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until centers are firm and dry. Remove to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm biscotti.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
Source: Country Woman Christmas 2007