Starlight Sugar Cookies
Brighten up the holidays with starry sugar cookies made with easy sugar cookie mix.
Storage: To keep cookies longer, wrap tightly, label and freeze up to 6 months.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy creamy white frosting
- Betty Crocker decorating icing (assorted colors)
- Betty Crocker decorating sprinkles and sugars (assorted colors)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, melted butter, flour and egg until soft dough forms.
- On floured surface, roll dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with about 3-inch cookie cutters. On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies.
- Decorate as desired with icing, sprinkles and sugars.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: