The Ultimate Spritz
These delicate, crisp cookies have a rich, buttery flavor. You often see these cookies at family celebrations during the winter holidays, but they're perfect for any occasion.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- Food color, if desired
- Currants, raisins, candies, colored sugar, finely chopped nuts, candied fruit or fruit peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, salt, egg, almond extract and a few drops of food color.
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- To decorate cookies after baking, use a drop of corn syrup to attach decorations to cookies.
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 25 ); Total Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 25 mg; Total Carbohydrate 4 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: