Cranberry Cheesecake Cups
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages plus one (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners; place one vanilla wafer in each.
- Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened; cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture into each cup.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of cranberry mixture and another heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture.
- Dot surface of each cup with remaining cranberry mixture and swirl top gently.
Yield: 24 servings